Having a tattoo is always exciting and tempting in its own way. But a little bit of carelessness and this amazing experience may turn out to be a nightmare for you. That’s the reason tattoo artists and skin care experts believe that utmost care is required post the tattoo making process is over. Here we have some important tips on how to care for your new tattoo.
* Resist the temptation to open the plastic wrapped on it.
* After removing the cling wrap, wash your tattoo gently with the help of alcohol-free soap or hand wash. Do not use a loofah.
* After washing the tattoo, pat it dry with a tissue paper. Do not rub it with towel.
* For moisturizing, apply only a thin layer of moisturizer.
* Cover the tattoo with cling wrap again.
* Take a bath with a cling wrap on the tattoo.
* After the third day regime, just apply moisturizer every two hours for two weeks.
* Never touch the new tattoo with dirty hands or fingernails.
* Avoid tight fitting clothes near tattoo area. Don’t go gymming or swimming for two weeks.
* Don’t expose your tattoo to direct sunlight.