Do you think this summer will eat away your healthy glowing skin? Well, looking at the scorching sun, and burning flames. You step out of the house and you can literally feel the heat burning your skin. I think this is the right time to protect your skin from tan and darkness. Skin care in summer calls for special attention because during the summer season the skin natural oils start flowing freely which makes the skin appear dull, oily and blemished. One can always go to the salon but let’s be honest, who has the time and that much money? But it should not refrain you from talking care of your skin and that’s why today we share a list of best homemade face packs which are easy to make but equally effective in beating the summer rage on the skin.
- Mint pack – Mint contains vitamin A and C with omega-3 fatty acids, which help against suntan. Like mint, cucumber is packed with antioxidants and helps revitalise skin, heal skin burns and tanned skin better. Both these ingredients make for a relieving facial pack. It will soothe your skin from the summer heat.
-Take 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber with 1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves and blend them together.
-Once you get a fine paste of the two, apply it gently onto your face leaving the area around the eyes.
-Keep it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Milk Cleansing– Cleansing removes dead skin cells, dirt and tightens the skin. It also helps remove makeup and make your skin look clean and clear. Cleansing milk won’t actually bring a difference so use natural dairy milk. It has many health and beauty benefits.
Steps : Simply dab a piece of cotton in cold milk and wipe your face with it. It will also clean the unseen dirt which can go down into your pores.
- Tomato pulp face pack – Tomatoes have a lot vitamin C and antioxidants that help hydrate the skin and keep it nourished. This homemade pack is best for oily skin. Besides that, this pack will also help to remove tan and polish the surface of the skin to give a healthy shine.
-Take tomato pulp and mix a drop of honey into it
-Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for few minutes, before rinsing it with cold water.
- Sandalwood(Chandan) magic – The soothing and cooling properties of sandalwood make it the perfect remedy for relieving sun tan and severe sunburn. It rejuvenates the skin and improves the skin complexion. It leads a good task by eliminating the acne, scar and wrinkle problems. People with oily skin can use sandalwood with rosewater whereas for dry skin you can use it with milk.
-Take some sandalwood powder and make a thin paste using rose water/milk.
-At bed time dab your face with lukewarm water and leave for overnight. Wash in the morning with.
- Aloe gel pack – Aloe vera is known as a magical plant. Its good for eyes, lips, skin, etc. Regular use of natural aloe vera on the skin gives radiant and glowing skin free of all skin problems. Aloe vera is a natural and excellent moisturiser which hydrates and softens skin. One can simply grow aloe vera plant at home as it does not require any special care.
-Make a paste with pinch of turmeric and honey. Add the aloe vera gel in to that paste.
-Mix it well. Apply the paste on to the face, neck and hand. Keep it for 20 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.