4 fitness experts share playlists that get them moving and grooving
Yoga instructor and founder of Tangerine Art Studio.
A yoga practitioner and professional dancer, music underlines her practices, so she’s plugged in all the time. Always hungry for new tunes, she spends all her commuting time looking for new music.
- ‘Primavera’ by Ludovico Einaudi: I usually listen to him while stretching.
- ‘Ong Namo’ by Snatam Kaur: Her voice is transportive and this track is perfect for shavasana.
- ‘One Dance’ by Drake: I usually play some Drake before getting into a hip-hop routine.
- ‘How Hard I Try’ by Filous: This song has a hint of sadness, but its cheerful tune uplifts me
Yoga expert and founder of Superyoga
When it comes to cardio, the pioneer of the #21dayyogachallenge likes EDM & techno, but she’s all hip-hop and rock for weight-lifting.
- ‘We Own It’ by 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa: I absolutely love to strength-train to this track.
- ‘Beloved’ by Anoushka Shankar: This one is my all-time favourite for yoga.
- ‘Elephunk’ by The Black Eyed Peas: It’s my go-to music when in doubt.
- ‘Unbreakable’ by BT: My absolute fave for cardio.
Physical trainer and founder of Kinetic Living
- The Anjunadeep Edition 73 with Jody Wisternoff: This compilation is great for runs and endurance workout at the gym.
- Radiotherapy (21st Jan 2014) by Dave Seaman: It’s definitely therapy in the form of music.
- Future Underground Set by Sunil Hubli: It takes me on a journey and I never want to stop moving.
- The Anjunadeep Edition 43 with 16 bit Lolitas: A superb set for a run.